Get To Know Sergers
Learn all about sergers in this very personalized two session course. Sergers are different from straight stitch sewing machines and perform specific tasks. They allow you to take your sewing skills to the next level and give your projects a more professional look. Sergers are especially helpful in products for resale, clothing or accessories.
If you have a serger but don’t know how to use it or are rusty we can help you. This is a great opportunity for those who don't have a serger to borrow from the studio and see if it meets your needs before purchasing your own.
Goals Of Our Serger Courses:
- Learn seam finishing techniques
- Learn to give your projects a more professional finish look
- Learn to work with knitwear, sheer, stretch fabrics and more
- Become comfortable creating overlock, pearl and rolled hems
- Discuss machine preservation, care and tools
- Provide a solid foundation in serger use and safety
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information on various sergerd stitches
- Information of various kinds of needles and when to use them
Class Cost: $60 - Feel free to bring your own machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee. Fee can be brought to first class. If you are bringing your serger we accept up to a 4 spool.
Prerequisite: No prerequisite needed