Start your sewing journey with us! Our educational and fun introductory sewing courses provide you with the knowledge and skill to jump start you into a world of endless creativity!
Our Sewing 100 Course is perfect for students with little or no sewing experience on a machine. This ten hour course will provide a solid foundation and you'll become more comfortable using a sewing machine while creating two great projects. Examples of projects students may work on are cowl scarves, throw pillows and basic tote bags. There will be dozens of wonderful fabric styles, designs, patterns and colors to choose from.
Goals Of This Sewing Course:
- To provide a solid foundation and understanding of the world of sewing
- Learn how to thread a sewing machine and wind a bobbin
- Learn about the different types of thread, needles and pins
- Learn how to change the needle on a sewing machine
- Discuss machine preservation and safety
- Cover the basics of several important sewing tools
- Learn basic stitch techniques
- Briefly talk about different kinds of fabrics
- Learn how to make an envelop style pillow sham and fully lined tote bag
- Learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- Two completed projects
- Instructions for both
- List of beginner terms
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Class Cost: $145 + $20 material fee brought to the first class in the form of cash or check is applied to supplies for both projects created. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.
Prerequisite: None needed