Learn all about hemming, rolled hems, seaming, finishing techniques, overlock stitches and more in our very personalized two session beginner serger course. Sergers are different from straight stitch sewing machines and perform specific tasks that enable you to successfully sew with knits, sheer and stretch fabrics as well as to give your projects a more professional look. Sergers are especially helpful in products for resale, sewing your own clothing, accessories, fashion design and clothing design.
If you have a serger but don’t know how to use it or are rusty we can help you. This is a great opportunity for those who don't have a serger to borrow from the studio and see if it meets your needs before purchasing your own.
Goals Of Our Beginner Serger Courses:
- Learn finishing techniques, hemming, rolled hems and seaming
- Learn to give your projects a more professional look
- Learn to work with knits, sheer, stretch fabrics and more
- Become comfortable creating overlock, pearl and rolled hems
- Discuss why sergers are a wonderful machine to use when sewing your won clothing, fashion design and clothing design
- Discuss machine preservation, care and tools
- Provide a solid foundation in serger use and safety
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information on various sergerdedges and overlock stitches
- Information of various kinds of needles and when to use them
Class Cost: $60 - Feel free to bring your own serger or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee. Fee can be brought to first class. If you are bringing your serger we accept up to a 4 spool.
Prerequisite: No prerequisite needed