Sewing Patterns 101
Whether you've recently completed our Sewing 100 Course or coming in with previous sewing experience this dynamic course is great for those who want to learn to work with store bought patterns! You'll have your choice to work with one of seven different accessory, product or craft patterns that will not only provide a basic understanding of patterns but also introduce new techniques. With several patterns to choose from you can take this class over and over to gain more confidence and try working with different patterns.
Goals Of This Sewing Patterns Course:
- Learn how to find patterns to meet your needs and interest
- Discuss how to read and understand the language in patterns
- Learn about the grain of the fabric and technique for cutting out patterns
- Discuss symbols and shapes on patterns in relation to putting pattern pieces together
- Learn about different types of fabric that would be best for your projects
- Discuss thread, needles and pins in relation to your project and fabric
- Learn to work with bias tape, padding and elastic
- Learn to create ruffles and work with magnetic snaps
- Will learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- A pattern
- Project to take home
- List of sewing terminology
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information and visuals regarding different needles and when to use them
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Class Cost: $155 + $13 supply fee brought to the first class is applied toward sewing tools, pattern, thread and use of tracing paper and wheels if needed. It does not cover the cost of fabric or notions. In our first class we will discuss what fabric you will need to bring to your second class. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.
Depending on the pattern you choose there may be some out of class work needed.
Prerequisite: Sewing 100 or equivalent experience