Zippers, Clutches & More
Zippers can mystify the most skilled of sewists but you don’t have to struggle alone. During this course we will help you navigate the world of zippers and teach you three ways of installing them. We will work with both regular zippers and invisible zippers to create a small zipper pouch, medium sized zipper clutch and decorative ruffle pillow.
These are great to keep for yourself or make as gifts! You’ll be provided with dozens of fabric options for pouches & clutches with a small list of supplies being sent to you for your pillow. All pouches and clutches can have equally as pretty and fun linings and zipper closures as the outside fabric, to make them extra cute!
Goals Of This Zipper Course:
- Discuss how to select the correct length zipper for projects
- Learn how to shorten a zipper by creating a new zipper stop
- Learn how to use the zipper foot on your sewing machine
- Discuss pressing techniques for a crisp professional look
- Learn two ways of working with regular zippers
- Learn to work with invisible zippers
- Learn how to use the right seam allowance
- Learn how to create various styles of ruffles
- Discuss how to select the right weight stabilizer
- Three finished projects
- Instructions for pouch and clutch
- Locations to purchase zippers
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information on basic sewing supplies, tools and locations for purchasing zippers
Course Cost: $125 + $15 fee brought to first class is applied toward supplies for pouch, clutch and pillow form. Small supply list will be sent for pillow fabric needed. Feel free to bring your own machine to sew on or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.