We are excited that you are interested in joining one of our Adult or Children’s offerings! Please read below fully before registering.
- It is the registrants responsibility to fully read the description for the course they are registering for.
- If applicable, please make sure when registering for a course that you meet the prerequisites. If you are not sure what class to join, please call us at 508-446-4406 and we will help to place you in the right course.
- When you sign up for a course session you are committing to all the classes in the session. Please make all efforts to attend each class. This allows for the class to run more smoothly for everyone.
- The studio opens about five – ten minutes before each scheduled class.
It is the restraints responsibility to fully read the class description for the course they are registering for. At the bottom of each course description you will find an area that tells you what the prerequisites are for that course. If you register for a course that you do not meet the prerequisite for and have to be pulled from the course we will hold a credit minus 25% toward another course to be taken within 6 months of withdrawal. Most classes ask students to have a prerequisite or equivalent experience before enrolling. This enables students to gain a solid foundation in skill appropriate courses.
We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. There is a minimum credit card purchase of $35. Material fee is brought to the first class and paid to the instructor. Payment and registration is due at time of registration and will reserve your space in the course. Please register early to avoid a class filling.
Sometimes we offer discount promotions through our website or facebook page.
Discounts may not be combined, cannot be redeemed for cash value are nontransferable and are void when expired. Gift Certificates are non-refundable. We do not honor discounts through third parties. Only promos/discounts given directly through The Creative Sewing Studio are valid. We do not keep Gift Certificates on file, make sure to hold onto your physical copy for redemption.
Refunds, Credits, Missed Classes:
-Withdrawal for any reason made 14 or more days prior to the start day of your Course or Lesson will result in a 75% credit toward another course or workshop that must be redeemed within the same calendar year.
-No credit or class transfer will be issued for a withdrawal made within 13 days of the class start date.
-Payment for adult Creative Arts Workshops is non-refundable.
-Payment is nonrefundable for classes students miss.
-We cover a lot in our multi-week sewing sessions and each class builds upon the class beforehand. Because so much is covered in each class, it is very important to make all efforts to attend each class in you session. It may be possible to place you in another class for a make-up, but is not a guarantee. The cost of a makeup class is $10. If we are not able to place you in a make-up class there is no guarantee you will finish the class project.
-Withdrawal for any reason made 14 or more days prior to the start day of Kids Sewing/Art/Knitting Course or Workshop will result in a 75% credit toward another course or workshop that must be redeemed within the same calendar year.
-No credit will be issued for a withdrawal made within 13 days class start date.
-No make-up can be issued for missed classes for Children’s offerings.
-Payment is nonrefundable for classes students miss.
-Returned check fee is $25
Course Cancellations/Bump Back:
- Sometimes in rare circumstances a course start date needs to be bumped back.The studio reserves the right to do so and an e-mail will be sent out no later than three days prior to the class start date. It is the registrants responsibility to read the e-mail on class date adjustments.
- If, for any reason, The Creative Sewing Studio needs to change or drop a course and payment has already been submitted students can choose to receive a full refund, apply it to another class or a credit can be held for the calendar year.
Class Cancellations / Inclement Weather:
- Sometimes in rare circumstances due to weather, sickness, etc. a class in a session needs to be bumped back. Because of this each course is allotted a make-up date that will cause the course to extend the length of the original course dates by one week.
- If a class is cancelled in a course session a notification will be e-mailed and a text will be sent. It is your responsibly to check either or both of these.
- We are not responsible if you can not make the make-up date.
- Living in New England it is especially important to recognize that between Nov. 1st and April 1st there is a strong possibility we could have a class weather cancellation.
We like to think of our studio as a creative, positive and encouraging work space. Disruptive or endangering behavior is not acceptable and instructors reserve the right to pull students from class. If a student is dismissed based on disruptive or endangering behavior a credit will not be issued.
Left Behind Projects or Items:
If projects/items are left at the studio for more than one month we will assume you no longer want them and they will be donated or re-purposed. The studio is not responsible for left behind items.
* Please no food, candy or beverages are allowed in the studio sewing room except water.
* Please be respectful of others and do not use your phone during the lessons. If there is an emergency please feel free step outside the work room to use the phone.
* Because of limited space and to prevent accidents personal belongings are not allowed in the sewing studio. You can keep jackets, purses, scarves, etc. in one of the rooms adjacent to the sewing studio or items can be left in your vehicle. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.