Sewing Patterns 102
Do you love sewing with patterns and want to become more comfortable, expand your knowledge and create more projects? If so, this is the course for you! Whether you've recently taken our Sewing Patterns 101 Course or are coming in with previous pattern experience you'll learn 'sew' much more!
Like the Sewing Patterns 101 Course you will have several supplied patterns to choose from. You can take this class over and over to gain more confidence, hence your technique and work with different patterns and projects.
Goals Of This Sewing Patterns Course:
- Become more comfortable and confident reading patterns
- Gain experience working with three dimensional projects
- Learn how to make zipper pockets
- Learn how to work with bias tape, padding and vinyl
- Learn how to work with webbing, gliders and sliders
- Learn how to apply topstitching with a twin needle
- Become more familiar with terminology used in patterns
- Learn about different types of fabric that would be best for your projects
- Will learn several tips that will make the whole sewing process much easier
- A pattern
- Project to take home
- List of sewing terminology
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Information about batting, padding and interfacing
- Information and visuals regarding different needles and when to use them
- General information on basic sewing supplies and sewing machines
Course Cost: $155 + $13 supply fee brought to the first class is applied toward sewing tools, pattern, thread and use of tracing paper and wheels if needed. It does not cover the cost of fabric or notions. In our first class we will discuss what fabric you will need to bring to your second class. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $10 fee.
Depending on what pattern you choose there may be some out of class work needed.