Be Your Own Tailor
If you are interested in learning to do basic repairs and alterations then this is the class for you! This custom course provides a fantastic opportunity to take your sewing skills to the next level and learn very practical and useful applications. We’ll teach you the skills to fix and alter clothing which could save you money, enable you a better fit or allow you to repurpose clothing items.
This is a custom course that asks you to submit three to four things you are most interested in learning. At check out please add these requests in the Add a note to your order section under the pink Check Out box. These items can be from the list below or you can suggest other topics that interest you. The course will be created to suit everyone’s needs and a course outline will be sent a week before the start date. It is encouraged to bring items into class to work on and learn from. Some items will be supplied for demo purposes.
Some Examples Of Class Topics:
- Hem pants, skirts or skirts
- Sew on a button
- Take in or let out clothing
- Repair basic tears in clothing
- Shorten tank top straps
- Make ruffles and box pleats
- Do basic hand stitching techniques
- Adjust the tension on sewing machines
- Introduction to some basic sewing tools
- Work with adding or fixing elastic in clothing
- At least a few repaired garments
- List of over 50 local fabric stores
- Handouts on various kinds of sewing needles and when to use them
Course Cost: $130. Feel free to bring your own sewing machine or borrow one from the studio for a onetime $5 fee.
Prerequisite: Sewing 100 or equivalent experience